Monday, October 27, 2008

Passions Meet...



I love this time of year not only for the beautiful changing of the seasons but also for...Deer Hunting!!!
A dilemna existed for both last year and this year. Last year I was studying for Family Practice Board exams(PASSED!!!) that we are required to take every 7 years. This year it is my first attempt at Palliative Medicine Boards. There are only a handful a physicians Board Certified in Palliative Medicine and this year is the first that the governing body of the ABMS offered these boards. Of course, each year, the day long tests were in the middle of archery season...FIGURES!!!
The day that I took the above photo with my cellphone was a wonderful day in my blind. The does were bounding....bucks were yet sleeping...a few raccoons and 1 red fox passed my way. Despite these welcomed interuptions I was successful in at least becoming a little more wise...at least in theory!
So....Passion meets Passion. I took my studies to the woods.....soon we will see if my preparation was worthy. The exam is 10/29/08....2 days from now....wish me luck!!!

No comments: